Only current University of Scranton Students are eligible to apply for this internship.
Join the team to inspire and create impactful assistance for local women interested in starting their own businesses!
Gain experience in business consulting, program development and delivery, marketing, research, networking, and more!
Established in 2009, The University of Scranton Women’s Entrepreneurship Center (WEC) pairs experienced Small Business Development Center (SBDC) consultants with student interns to serve local women entrepreneurs. The mission of WEC is to strengthen the economic impact of women entrepreneurs as a collective force and to advance their growth through innovative programming in entrepreneurship and new business creation, including special initiatives for providing services to low-income women.
- Spring 2024, approx 12 weeks
- Approximately 10-20 hours per week / $10/hour
- The SBDC is located on the campus of The University of Scranton
*Contact the Center for Career Development with questions about internships. They are also a great resource for help with cover letters and resumes.
- Must be a current University of Scranton student, enrolled in classes for the upcoming semester
- Experience conducting library and internet research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in Business, Sales & Marketing, e-commerce, Human Resources, Financial Analysis or related field
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Effective time management skills
- Assist SBDC Consultants in providing high-quality business consulting services to WEC clients. Depending on student's field of interest, this may include guidance in business plan development, financial projections, marketing, and more.
- Work one-on-one with women to help them gain the skills necessary for starting their own small businesses. Areas of assistance may include time management, organization, sales, conflict resolution, communication, computer skills, and basic financial skills.
- Assist in planning, development, implementation, and promotion of WEC activities and programs, including the popular StartUP series.
- Interact with small business clients and partners by participating in professional meetings, presenting on a variety of topics including small business and women’s issues; interviewing local entrepreneurs to formulate articles, reports and blog posts, planning and organizing programs and events.