Serving the valley communities since 2005, offering comprehensive vision exams and specializing in diagnosis and treatment of ocular diseases. This on-site internship will focus on providing you with a "starting view" of both patient care and office operations, which are integral components of a successful practice!
Visit https://www.facebook.com/icare4eyes/ to view their new location with a modern, up-to-date office complete with a clinical side for medical and ocular disease management as well as a unique optical showroom.
- Fall 2023: September start
- 10-20 business hours/week
- Peckville, PA (15 minutes from Scranton)
- This opportunity is an in-person/on-site internship.*
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year coursework in the sciences (such as bio, chem), business, pre-med, health administration, or marketing/communications
- Interest in entrepreneurship
- Pride in your customer service and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Be able to see and explain how a model of patient care, marketing, and business operations grow a small practice
- Assist doctor in collecting medical histories, electronic health records, medical billing, and coding, with emphasis on direct patient communication
- Perform preliminary screenings and assist doctors with medical and ocular plans, with emphasis on patient education
- Administer tests on patients using state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Communicate with customers through different platforms
- Play a helpful role in providing customer service to patients before, during, and after exams, while linking business functions and technology