Tuxedo By Sarno, Scranton, PA
Develop your HR and teamwork skills at a progressive, 80-year-old, family-owned formal wear business in downtown Scranton! Mentored by Nancy Sarno de los Rios, owner, you’ll learn the role of HR, helping to direct the success of over 300 employees in a well-established operation. This 3rd generation business services the Northeast US with tuxedo and suit rentals for all of life’s special occasions.
- February start goal; 12-week internship (flexible)
- 20 hours/week, flexible
- $12/hour wage + possible end-of-internship performance bonus
- On-site, in-person internship at the business location in downtown Scranton*
- For-credit optional* * Requirement: Students are required to check with their college/university career development office to find out if any guidelines, must be followed and/or requirements must be met for the internship (health & safety, academic or other), by the student and/or the small business host.
- Human Resources, Business, or other major with some HR coursework required
- Strong communication and writing skills needed. (Examples of business writing skills will be requested)
- Ability to roll with a fast-paced environment, be professional and timely; take pride in your work.
- Spanish language skills and/or interest in family business/entrepreneurship are pluses!
Projects: Mentored by business owner, Nancy Sarno de los Rios, you’ll develop your skills through:
- Acting in an HR role, taking part in recruiting, first-round interviewing, background screenings, safety, and management meetings;
- Acting as a liaison between employees, production supervisors, and multiple temp services; supporting documentation, implementing schedules, and requesting staff;
- Developing an employee retention program, working with management to enhance new hire experience and retain workers;
- Manage payroll software; time clock service and information. *All projects subject to change.
Deadline Extended! Apply by 2/15/2022