Interested in advancing your accounting and business skills at a family owned, nationally recognized leader in modular construction that is one of the largest employers in the area? Spend the summer working in the accounting department of Simplex Homes!
- Summer 2021, May/June-August
- 15-30 hours per week, 6-10 weeks
- Scranton, PA
- This is an on-site, not remote, internship opportunity.*
* Requirement before applying: Students are required to check with their college/university career development office to confirm that on-site/in-person internships are permitted and find out if any additional requirements need to be met on the part of the student or the small business host.
- Coursework and/or major in Accounting; strong financial/ accounting analysis background
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to complete tasks assigned in a timely and efficient manner and to adhere to deadlines as assigned by supervisors
- Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of teamwork and accepting of direction from supervisors
- Can lift a minimum of 25 lbs., if required
- Gain a basic understanding of accounting for business in a corporate environment
- Help the accounting staff accomplish daily tasks and gain an understanding of how they affect different departments
- Aid accounts payable department to properly post and close accounting periods
- Work with accounting supervisor to learn how to upkeep sub-ledger accounting and accomplish reconciliations of different types of accounts and subledgers
- Understand intercompany journal entries and company filing systems
Interested? Submit your resume & cover letter by April 12 @ www.smallbusinessinternships.com!