This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university.
• Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university.
Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Summer IT Intern to assist with answering calls from clients that require assistance with technical issues. In addition, this position will work as part of our IT Team on a wide range of projects, including network and computer systems configuration and deployment.
If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in IT and Technical Support, then we want to work with you.
• Mid Summer/Fall 2019
• 8-10 hours per week
• $10.00/ Hour
• Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major. Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Strong verbal and written communication.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work well in teams.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems.
• Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support.
• Organize and maintain IT resources.
• Lend IT support in areas such as cybersecurity, programming, analytics, and data center management and installs.
• Gain hands-on experience in an IT position.
• Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals.
• Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings.
• Flexible schedule for students.
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF