123 N Washington Avenue, Scranton
Do you love retail and merchandising? Are you looking to advance your marketing skills in a real-life work environment? This opportunity will provide you with working knowledge of how the retail industry works as a whole and will be an important asset to anyone who wishes to pursue a career in any of the merchandising related industries. Learn how to reach a target audience using social media, create new social media posts and gain firsthand knowledge of marketing and sales in a small business retail store.
- Spring 2018, 10-12 weeks
- 12 hours per week, Monday-Saturday
- Must have weekend availability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques.
- Previous retail experience.
- Experience with photography, social media platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram).
- Customer service skills, energetic and outgoing personality, creative, organized and dependable.
- Collaborate with the owner in learning how to reach a target audience and the creation and sharing of media content daily on social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram).
- Assist with updating new inventory, pricing merchandise, stocking shelves, preparing outgoing shipments, and taking inventory of store merchandise.
- Help create and manage baby and bridal registries via an online registry software application.
- Work alongside the owner during the preparation and setup of guest’s gifts for bridal and baby display showers.
- Provide exceptional support to customers by assisting with purchases, handling inquiries, and learning to use problem solving skills to provide resolutions.