Intern with the Northeastern Pennsylvania Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center (NCAC) in providing fundraising assistance to nonprofit and community organizations throughout the region. Use your research skills and interest in non-profit management to provide resources and facilitate growth in impacting NEPA’s non-profit community!
• 10 weeks/starts September 2018
• 15- 20 hours per week. Flexible on-site/off-site hours
• $12.50/hour, can be for credit with school approval
• Pittston, PA location (close to Scranton, Wilkes-Barre)
• Coursework in at least one: health administration, education, social work, public administration, political science, marketing/communications and/or computer science tracks related to non profit operations
• Familiarity or interest in non-profit organizations and their operations
• Solid research, communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• Technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft programs and Fundraising software
• Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
• Experience in development and nonprofit or foundation community a plus
As part of the NEPA Alliance’s Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center, you’ll work to provide custom products and services that aid nonprofits and community groups in the region, including:
• Investigating and understanding the basics of corporate sponsorship opportunities available to nonprofit organizations in our area, detailing the local, regional & national entry points, large-scale volunteer days and employee match programs
• Conducting in-depth research on applicable Foundation opportunities in our region with our software. This work includes updating grant profiles, funding priorities, and contact information
• Researching and developing inventory of funding opportunities based upon local affinity groups (utility companies, banks/community reinvestment and fields of interest
• Facilitating customized funding searches based upon program initiatives and specific grant proposals
• Teaching NCAC clients in the use of the Foundation Center and Guidestar search tools.
• Assisting with prospecting new funding opportunities through innovative grants, unique regional opportunities and fundraising strategies for NCAC
• Research and design program roll out for the development of a NCAC LinkedIn profile
• Consolidate and enhance Association of Fundraising Professionals outreach, engagement and devise yearly timeline and plan to execute program responsibilities.
Interested? Submit your resume & cover letter @ www.smallbusinessinternships.com!
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF