Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
January 2020 Internship Program
We are offering an entry-level opportunity within the construction and residential renovation industry.
The chosen intern will receive training and valuable knowledge in various aspects of construction labor and residential property renovations, including carpentry, drywall, flooring and other aspects of this industry.
* Internship will begin January 2020 and consist of a 8-10 week program.
* 8-10 Hours per week, Monday through Friday
* Intern Pay is $10 per hour
* We are located in Downtown Scranton, PA
* Work sites are located throughout Lackawanna and Luzerne counties, with a concentration in the Wilkes-Barre
and Pittston areas.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs, repeatedly
* Basic understanding of hand tools, such as hand-saws, hammers, measuring tapes, etc.
* Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently.
* Own transportation
* Ability to work on ladders or other heights without anxiety issues.
* Knowledge of power tool use and operation, and ability to read blueprints is helpful, but not required.
* Complete specific job-site tasks as directed, or from a provided checklist.
* Keep all work areas clean and free of debris.
* Provide reasonably accurate estimations for project and task completions.
* Complete tenant work orders in a timely and efficient fashion.
* Gain knowledge of the basic structure and operations of residential renovations.
* Learn how to be an effective member of a crew, bringing jobs to completion efficiently and safely.
* Learn proper use of various hand and power tools.
* Learn how to perform various tasks, such as hardwood floor installation, drywall installation, spackling,
carpentry, light plumbing, light electrical, etc.
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF