This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university
- Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university
- Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
January 2020 Predictable Property Internship
This internship opportunity will provide the student with the opportunity to receive training and valuable knowledge in property management operations, real estate acquisition and holdings, general office operations and many other skills that can be applied over a variety of industries.
- Internship will begin January 2020 and consist of a 10-12 week program.
- 8-10 Hours per week, Monday through Friday
- We are located in Downtown Scranton, PA
- Basic understanding of Google suite, including sheets and docs
- Basic computer literacy, including social media
- Ability to type at a minimum speed of 40 WPM
- Own transportation
- General customer service skills
- Knowledge of real estate or property management is helpful, but not required
- Increase potential client response to apartment listings through more effective marketing
- Prepare tenant leases and oversee lease signings
- Organize implementation and completion of work orders
- Maintain tenant relations, including resolution of tenant issues
- Efficiently process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Act as support personnel for office, insuring steady, efficient workflow
- Gain knowledge of the basic structure and operations of the Property Management Industry, in order to learn how to act as an effective property manager.
- Gain knowledge of the process of real estate acquisition and holdings, to learn how to practically