This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university
- Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university
- Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
Fall 2019 Sales and Social Media Marketing Internship
The Sales and Social Media Marketing Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of marketing and sales in a small business retail environment. This position will gain experience in learning how to reach a target audience with retail e-commerce sites, fine tune their negotiation and interpersonal skills and get involved with the merchandising process.
- Fall 2019, August/September start, 12 weeks
- 8-10 hours per week, Monday-Sunday
- Junior-Senior level Marketing coursework.
- Understanding of marketing/public relations, retail, entrepreneurship and interest in the fashion industry.
- Experience with photography, social media platforms (including, but not limited to Facebook and Instagram), resell and e-commerce sites with an entrepreneurship spirit.
- Customer service skills, energetic and outgoing personality, creative, organized and dependable.
- Must have smart phone and laptop.
- Willingness to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
- Reliable transportation.
- Retail sales experience a plus.
- Create, implement and launch online and local events to further market shop’s brand.
- Increase store’s exposure and sales through social media platforms, online resell sites, store’s website and other media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of product (i.e. brands, current fashion trends) and model and product photography.
- Gain insight of social media at the perspective of a local growing business
- Utilize academic knowledge and experience to mange social media campaigns
- Have the opportunity to be creative and apply academic knowledge to given projects
Interested? Submit your resume & cover letter by September 6 @ www.smallbusinessinternships.com!