This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university.
• Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university.
Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
The Slocum Firm, PC is a law firm located in Scranton that specializes in business formation, cannabis consultation, personal injury, and workers’ compensation. As a growing business, the office is looking to host you, someone passionate about website development and design to further the firm’s existing web presence. You will be working directly with the founder as well as the marketing manager throughout the internship. An internship through The Slocum Firm, P.C. will provide you an inside-look as to how a tech savvy law firm functions while growing. This internship is open to all majors, and we welcome people from all different backgrounds to apply.
• Fall 2019 -Start Date: Early September
• 8-10 hours per week
• A casual and flexible workplace
• Extensive experience with Wordpress-based web design
• A solid background in HTML, Java or PHP a plus
• E-portfolio or other sample of web design work
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Eagerness to learn
• Enrolled in a local college or university
• Work with founder and marketing to restructure two existing websites the business owns
• Develop a protocol for troubleshooting website issues
• Plan and execute site changes with company growth as intent for changes
• Learn how effective web design leads to extensive growth within the context of a law firm
• Apply and master time management skills to accomplish various goals by deadlines
• Develop new skills in coding and design by making real life changes to live sites
• A minimum of 100 hours over 10 weeks of practical experience in web design
• Collaborative environment where your voice is always heard
• Work experience in a law firm that feels like a tech startup
• Mentors dedicated to engaging and enriching your skill set
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF