This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university.
• Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university.
Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Summer Marketing Intern to join our marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media and content marketing, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing promotional presentations, monitoring social platforms, and conducting market analysis.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
• Mid Summer/Fall 2019
• 8-10 hours per week
• $10.00/ Hour
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications or similar field.
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
• Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a passion for marketing.
• Outstanding multitasking abilities.
• Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
• Assist with daily administrative duties.
• Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
• Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
• Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
• Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
• Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
• Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
• Gain hands-on experience in a Marketing position.
• Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals.
• Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings.
• Flexible schedule for students.
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF