University of Scranton Students:
Gain valuable experience by assisting the SBDC with small business consulting!
The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center provides consulting and training to businesses of an 8-county region of northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Fall 2019, September start, 8-10 weeks
- On campus location
- 10-20 hours per week
- Must be current University of Scranton student
- Two Options: Accounting or Marketing
- Solid communication skills
- Savvy research skills - database, library, organic searches
- Excel/formulas strength
Option 1: Develop your financial analysis skills by working with SBDC consultants to assist start-up and growing businesses.
- Reviewing business plans, assisting with project cost development and break-even analysis.
- Assisting SBDC clients by developing projections (profit and loss, balance, cash flow).
- Analyzing current financials of businesses using information including, but not limited to: tax returns, QuickBooks reports, client meetings, other.
- Comparing historical and industry data and/or multipliers against current financials or projections.
Option 2: Develop your marketing skills by working with SBDC consultants to assist start-up and growing businesses.
- Reviewing business plans, assisting with marketing research
- Completing competitive, industry, and trend analysis
- Pinpointing areas for marketing improvement in businesses
- Identifying social media strategy and suggesting professional content
- Incorporating client goals, along with above research and analysis into a team development of practical marketing plans/strategy for area businesses