Summer 2019 Winery Accounting and Business Skills Internship (Supported by the Small Business Internship Fund)
Space Time Mead & Cider Works
This internship opportunity is supported by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Internship Fund.
Students interested in participating in the Small Business Internship Fund must meet at least one of the following criteria: Be a resident of Lackawanna County currently enrolled in a college or university. Be a currently enrolled student of a Lackawanna County college or university
Be a currently enrolled student of a Chamber member college or university: Clarks Summit University, Fortis Institute, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Penn State Scranton, The University of Scranton, Wilkes University.
Summer 2019 Winery Accounting and Business Skills Internship
Join this award winning innovative craft mead (honey wine), cider, and winery! We are looking for team players wanting to learn more about the winemaking process in a fun, dynamic environment. We are a new business opened to public in June 2018 with commercial mead making made with fruit from locally sourced farms. This opportunity exposes students to production, administrative skills, sales techniques for general business along with the intricacies of the wine industry at the same time.
• Summer 2019/June-August or Fall 2019/September-November
• 10 hours per week, 10-15 weeks Likely Wed/Thu/Fri 12-5, occasional Sat or Sun
• Business skills (80%), Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
• Coursework and/or major in Accounting; strong financial/ accounting analysis background; familiarity with Quickbooks a plus
• Must have ability to communicate effectively, complete tasks assigned in a timely and efficient manner and to adhere to deadlines as assigned
• Strong technical and organizational skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Capable of teamwork and accepting of direction, attention to detail, clean neat appearance and can work independently
• Facility is smoke- and tobacco-free
• Perform book keeping - Entry of revenue and expense, defining monthly profit/loss reports, human resources procedures and record keeping.
• Interacts with tasting room/event coverage - sales and customer service, retail/point of sales (10%) and hospitality related projects
• Assist with winery manufacturing - bottling/labeling/record keeping (10%) and PA LCB RAMP documentation
• Gain further knowledge of the wine industry with a hands-on experience alongside President and wine maker.
• Exposure to different roles within the facility to gain knowledge and understand practices, processes while developing hands-on, industry experience in hospitality, sales and marketing
• Learn attentive customer communication service skills to increase guest engagement.
If you would like to apply, create an account and login to submit your application.
You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume in any of the following document formats: Text, Word Document, Rich-text Document, or PDF