Jessup, PA www.adilanalytics.com
Be part of a homegrown tech firm with a global reach! Practice your development applications skills as part of an IT firm with a full suite of services.
- June – August, 8 week internship
- 20 – 35 business hours per week, flexible
- $8-10/hour, school credit pending approval
- TekRidge Center, Jessup, PA – minutes from Scranton
- In progress Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or experience in DevOps or Continuous Integration, AWS Cloud and tools like Jenkins, Atlassian Suite
- Knowledge and/or experience in the technology stack includes MySQL, Java/J2EE, HTML, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge and/ or experience in UNIX Script debugging, development and deployment within the build environment and all related environments.
- Knowledge in Jenkins, JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence, Tomcat, Postgre Servers, Linux, Continuous
- Integration and delivery.
- Creative and Analytical skills, quick learner and great problem-solving skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
DevOps Engineers are involved in the full life cycle of an application.
- Build the whole stack ELBs to databases, and then move and launch our site at its new home
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems
- Responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities.
- Develop/build IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- Install and configure solutions.
- Translate business and technical requirements into test cases, test scenarios and scripts.
- Develop and/or implement reusable components and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Assist with the identification, creation, and maintenance of test data.
- Develop interface stubs and simulators, as needed.
- Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- Assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing.
Projects* Internal Systems development Develop your skills through:
- Using development application language skills
- Using a wide variety of open source technologies and Cloud services
- Learning new development application programs, expanding experience by working on cloud applications;
- Identify challenges in implementation; correcting changes, using continuous improvement. *All projects subject to change.
- Contribute to the automation of the firm’s systems, providing examples of efficient design;
- Be able to explain a wide service menu for IT and benefit of application development .
- Will be able to create cloud formation templates to build AWS services that support our custom applications.